A few questions for guided reflection:
- What personal needs are you currently nurturing? Neglecting?
- In what ways are you honoring yourself? Betraying yourself?
- If you were to listen and tune into your 1) mind, 2) body, 3) heart, what is asking for your attention right now?
Once you’ve answered the prompts above, complete the following sentence. Today, I recognize my need for _________________ and choose to nurture myself by __________________.
Here are two simple grounding exercises (3 minutes max each!) to do on your own time. If you can do either of them with your bare feet in the grass, even better!
- Set a timer for 1-3 minutes and turn your attention to your 5 senses one by one with both feet rooted firmly on the ground. Sight, sound, smell, taste, touch.
- Take 5 full, deep and slow breaths (inhale through the nose, exhale audibly through the mouth), repeating with each breath the affirmation, “I am safe right here, right now.” Other affirmations to consider, finding what feels best for you, “My deepest needs are being nourished,” “I am being taken care of,” “I have all that I need within me.”
Tools & Resources
With Tallia Deljou.
Find more episodes at Sincerely Me. Podcast by Tallia Deljou.